Nuclear war plunged them into perpetual winter. The survivors must rely on their wits and courage. Beware—you never know who wants to stab you in the back. If you’re a fan of Snowpiercer or the Mad Max movies, you’ll love this post-apocalyptic survival story with fierce females taking the lead. Plenty of action!
The e-book is $0.99 for a limited time on Amazon
Also available as paperback and hardcover.
On inspiration and fictional characters
I love George Orwell’s 1984. Everyone had to read this dystopian nightmare at school and the teacher didn’t accept no for an answer. I was 14 when the jubilant year 1984 came around. I loved sports: reading was my least favorite pastime. I’m glad she forced me because the book blew my mind. I cried when I reached the ending (a masterful approach to spiritual death).
So you have that Finnish teacher of literature to thank for my books (and this blog). I’ve dreamt of writing like Orwell and my dystopian book, Unholy Warrior stemmed from that dream. I put my main character through some horrific ordeals but I think the rat cage in 1984 is far worse.
I’ve read Orwell’s classic dozens of times, and each reading reveals a new layer. His characters are living, breathing people, and the English language easy-flowing, hinging on perfect.
Everyone knows that book because George Orwell foresaw the use of audiovisual equipment to spy on citizens- a nightmare all too real after the digital revolution. For me, the book is memorable because of Winston Smith and his doomed love affair with Julia.
And here comes the character-related writing advice:
- How to Write Characters Your Readers Won’t Forget: https://blog.reedsy.com/character-development/
- Jerry Jenkins’ tips for character development: https://jerryjenkins.com/character-development/
- Good examples of character development: https://writersedit.com/fiction-writing/what-are-some-good-examples-of-character-development-in-literature/
- Improve your characters: https://www.writermag.com/improve-your-writing/fiction/dynamic-characters-in-fiction/
- Character worksheet: https://self-publishingschool.com/character-development/
- Instagram (with lots of arctic scenery images): https://www.instagram.com/rebeckajager/
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/rebecka-jager
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18534349.Rebecka_J_ger
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JagerWriter/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rebeckajagerwriter/
Want to learn writing?